YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Join us for a 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training beginning this summer! This training is perfect for those who want to expand their knowledge, deepen their own practice, and learn how to teach/share yoga with others. It will be instructed by with Rebecka Cooper and Sarah Jane with a special guest teacher, Sammy Brown. Our teachers have a deep accumulative experience of both practicing and of teaching alike. This program is Yoga Alliance certified.
Our 300-hour YTT will run from June 22 – December 2. It will take place over 13 weeks; Fridays will be from 4pm to 9pm and Saturday and Sundays will be from 9am to 5pm. This course has 270 contact hours and 30 practicum hours. (An anatomy lab is included!)
Week One: June 22-24 | Week Two: July 6-8 | Week Three: July 20-22 | Week Four: Aug 3-5 | Week Five: Aug 17-19 | Week Six: Aug 31 & Sep 1-2 | Week Seven: Sep 14-16 | Week Eight: 28-30 | Week Nine: Oct 12-14 | Week Ten: Oct 26-28 | Week Eleven: Nov 9-11 | Week Twelve: Nov 16-18 | Week Thirteen: Nov 30-Dec 2
« Practice and study of Yoga Asanas linked with Pranayama and Vinyasa
« Learn and practice teaching in a safe and supportive environment
« Hands on assisting/adjusting
« Study of Yogic Philosophies using ancient and contemporary texts
« Looking into the rich history of yoga
« Anatomy pertaining to yoga (includes a hands-on cadaver lab study)
« Subtle body systems; Chakras and Nadis (energetic pathways)
« Ayurvedic philosophy and practice
« Basic Sanskrit / Devanagri reading and chanting
PRICING & REGISTRATION
Early bird discount: $300 off if you sign up by May 30
*You must be a Front Climbing Club member in order to participate. This will give you access to unlimited yoga classes, full access to our gym, climbing, and more! Check out membership rates & perks here.
A payment plan is available if you would prefer to pay $1,000 on the following dates: 6/20, 8/20, 10/20. Please sign up at the front desk for this option. Payment plans do not qualify for the $300 off early bird deal.
If you have any questions or would like to inquire about our upcoming YTT, please email Front Yoga Director, Sarah Jane.
Testimonials from previous Teacher Trainings
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
I was 16 years old living the first time I walked into a yoga class. In was in that first class that I knew that I wanted to be a yoga instructor. As life goes I lost track of that desire and had become active with rock climbing (mostly bouldering). A day came when I had a serious fall, breaking both of my ankles! I was bound to either crawl, be carried, or a wheelchair for 3 months. That fall brought me to Salt Lake City, where I met a local yoga instructor – he reminded me of my forgotten passion and desire to become an instructor.
I have since been teaching in the Salt Lake City area. There are many things that I love about yoga, one being that anybody can do it and that “the actual practice of yoga takes each person in a different direction.” Through intentional breath and conscious movement, head, heart, and body can move as one, and come into union. When in union with oneself, true authentic expression can be found.
When not in a yoga studio I am often out climbing up some rocks (I still think climbing is a blast and adds to my yoga practice), oil painting, or riding my motorcycle around town in bright red cowboy boots.
I’m 500E-RYT. In 2010 I received my 500hr certificate from Dana Baptisite. In 2012, a 200hr from Peter Francyk. In 2013, a 500hr with Charlotte Bell and Peter Francyk. In 2014, advanced teacher training with Ana Forrest. In 2015 I studied with Seane Corn, a 5-day training. I have also had the blessing to attend workshops with knowledgeable yogis and I have every intention to keep adding to my training.
Sarah Jane has been studying and practicing Ashtanga Yoga since 1998 and teaching at The Front since 2009. Among her studies have been:
- Coming up October 2018, Namarupa Yatra with Paramaguru Sharath R. Jois and Eddie Stern, Himalayas, India
- 5 day Advanced Training with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor in Boulder CO, February 2018
- 6 day led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop and conferences with R. Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, 2017
- Month long study at Shri K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute with R. Sharath Jois, Mysore, India, 2016
- Sanskrit 1&2 and Bhagavad Gita study, KPJAYI, Mysore, India 2016
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop with R. Sharath Jois, Los Angeles, 2016
- 5 day Essentials Intensive with Richard Freeman, Boulder Colorado, 2014
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series workshop with R. Sharath Jois, Los Angeles, 2014
- 5 Day Led Intermediate and Primary Series workshop with R. Sharath Jois, Encinitas, 2013
- 200 hour Ashtanga Teacher’s Intensive including 4 hour hands-on anatomy lab with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor, Boulder Colorado, 2012
- Month long Sanskrit Study with Marcia Solomon, Boulder Colorado, 2012
- Week long Yoga Intensive: Buddha and the Yogis with Richard Freeman, Mary Taylor, John Campbell and Robert Thurman, Phoenicia, New York, 2011
- Week long study with Rolf and Marci Naujokat in Goa, India, 2011
- 20 hour Intensive Ayurveda Study, Kerala, India, 2009
- 200 hour Ashtanga Teacher Training with Caroline Klebl, Kerala, India, 2009
“I have a deep love for Ashtanga Yoga. I am so grateful to be part of a lineage that has brought awareness, abundance, harmony, discipline, and health to my life. I want to help others find an enjoyment of this lifelong practice that can fit into practically anyone’s life, no matter the condition of their body.”
Sammy will only be teaching the philosophy and anatomy portions of this Yoga Teacher Training. Sammy has been studying yoga and eastern philosophy since he was 12 years old and has grown up around practicing yoga and meditation. He has studied such schools as Iyengar, Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Raja Yoga. He spent the past five years living in Mysore India where he studied Ashtanga Yoga at KPJAYI under R. Sharath Jois the grandson of Sri K. Patabbi Jois and is happy to be part of a direct lineage that is traceable to T. Krishnamacharya.
On his 2013 trip, he received his level 2 authorization to teach Ashtanga. He has also studied under other senior teachers such as Tim Miller, and John Friend while continuing an ongoing study with Richard Freeman. Sammy has completed a 300-hour Yoga Therapy course in northern California at the Ananda Seva Ashram and continues to study Ayurveda, alignment, anatomy and both eastern and western philosophy.
Sammy is an E-RYT 500-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructor with an emphasis in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Yoga Therapy.